Are you looking for a chainsaw that has all the power of a gas saw, but without the cost or maintenance efforts? Look no further than the Worx WG303.1 electric saw. This chainsaw redefines what it means to be an electric-powered tool, giving you a range of benefits from everyday cutting to major wood chopping.
This corded electric saw is useful for homeowners and ranchers, and is a popular favorite amongst professionals and consumers in the industry. This review will give you the details about the Worx WG303.1 and why this is often a top pick. We’ll discuss the biggest pros as well as the cons, so you understand what drawbacks you might face with an electric saw.
Worx WG303.1 Specs
Just when you thought an electric chainsaw that is affordable, easy-to-use, low maintenance, and powerful couldn’t exist, the Worx WG303.1 was brought to life. This beastly electric saw can tackle any type of job you have in your yard, while also providing longevity and user friendliness. It appeals to a wide range of people, which is part of what makes it so popular.
This corded electric saw is one of the most lightweight-yet-powerful saws on the market, coming in at just 11 pounds. It has a chain brake to prevent kickback, making it safe for your hands. Other models at this price usually don’t come with this preventive measure, making the Worx an automatic win on the subject of safety.
Next, the Worx WG303.1 comes with an automatically tightening chain, which works on its own as you do your cutting job. It does a lot of the maintenance work automatically, which can take out the stress for beginners. If you haven’t learned the ins and outs of chainsaw maintenance you can take a breather with this one. It has a 16” bar and chain, which is a good midrange size. It can trim and prune branches while cutting smaller pieces of logs for firewood. A good extension cord can keep this model lasting a long time!
Pros and Cons
There’s a lot of advantages to this consumer-based Worx product. It’s hard to pick just a few, but we narrowed down some of the most important reasons why the Worx WG303.1 is a top pick:
- The tool tensioning system works on its own. You don’t have to worry about over-tightening or maintaining the chainsaw, as it does it all itself!
- The rubberized handle is ergonomically safe. It makes the chainsaw easy to hold for a long period of time, which also prevents vibration from causing pain to the hands.
- Over 14.5 amps of power. This powerful chainsaw is great for getting most chore-based yardwork and woodcutting done.
- Unlike others in this price range, this saw comes with a chain brake. This makes it much safer to use, preventing any kickback from happening.
- 16inch chainsaw
While this is a great consumer product for a lot of different tasks, it isn’t the best for everyone. There are a few limitations to the Worx WG303 that can be a deal breaker for those who are invested in more heavy-duty projects. A few of the drawbacks are listed below:
- This chainsaw cannot perform more than medium-sized jobs. With only a 16” bar and a medium amount of power, it won’t be able to fell big trees or cut through very thick logs. It can get most menial tasks done, though.
- It is limited by the cord. Since this is an electric chainsaw, it is limited by the length of the extension cord that comes with it. You may not be able to perform elevated cutting tasks or reach high angles unless you find a way to become more mobile.
If you’re looking for something in a similar price range that offers more tree-felling ability, you may want to consider the Worx WG304 1. It’s almost identical to our favorite Worx model, but it offers slightly more torque and a bigger engine.
Worx WG304.1 Comparison
The Worx WG304.1 may be a better fit if you’re into more heavy-duty tasks, but it isn’t right for everyone. While it ‘s extremely similar to the 303.1, the 304.1 isn’t as popular. However, it’s still worth comparing the two, as their similarities can help you decide which direction to lean towards.
The Worx WG304.1 has 15 Amps instead of its cousin’s 14.5 Amps, making it slightly more powerful.
It also has an 18” bar instead of the 303.1 16” bar, making it easier for cutting larger pieces of wood. Aside from some of those technical changes, the Worx WG304.1 has mainly the same features.
There are a couple advantages to this model in particular:
- The Worx WG304.1 has heavier cutting ability. If you need to fell trees and do some major limbing, you may want to lean towards this model which can offer a bit more power.
- It offers all of the same safety and ergonomic features of the WG303.1. There isn’t much difference in the way of functionality, so you can consider your budget and take your pick.
The only drawbacks of note include budget concerns, which may be a limitation to those who are just looking for something simple and effective. The cons of the WG304.1 are as follows:
- This model is more expensive. Since it offers slightly more power, the price range tends to be higher.
- The cord situation is the same. Despite having more power, this model is still limited by its cord. You may find that you aren’t even getting that much use out of the slightly extra power, since you can’t move it around as much as you would like to.
The WG303.1 and the WG304.1 are identical models, offering flexibility and versatility depending on the type of job you need.
Worx WG303.1 Verdict
The Worx WG303.1 is one of our favorite electric chainsaw models, and one of the top sellers in the electric saw industry. This saw is great for getting most menial tasks done, including small limbing, storm cleanups, firewood cutting, and branch trimming. If you are an average consumer with the need for enough power and mobility to get the job done, you’ll find this model both within your usability and your price range.